Evan Hackel, the creator of the Ingaged Leadership concept and brand, is a thought leader in the fields of leadership and success. He has published the book Ingaging Leadership that authored more than 100 articles for various magazines around leadership concepts.
Evan is founder and principal of Ingage Consulting, a consulting firm focused on improving the performance of franchises by improving the relationship between franchisees and the franchisor. By creating a culture of partnership and common purpose, Ingage Consulting is able to help franchises dramatically improve their performance. He has helped hundreds of franchise organizations build franchisee ingagement, teamwork, focus growth and make major systemwide changes. Resulting in increased profitability and achieve success.
Before founding Ingage Consulting, Evan worked at CCA Global Partners for twenty years. At CCA, he was responsible for four business divisions with over 2000 units and over $5 billion in sales operating in five countries. He also founded CCA’s departments in marketing, national programs, and training. He led the company's effort to buy and turn around a troubled franchise organization from bankruptcy. In four years he was able to grow the troubled franchise from $700,000 million in system wide sales to a very successful company to over 2 billion in sales.
In total, Evan has helped launch and found three franchise businesses during his career. Two of those were at CCA—which are still successfully operating now—and one, which he founded prior to CCA, developed and sold. Evan is a Certified Franchise Executive, a member of the IFA’s franchise relationship committee, cochairman of the IFA Knowledge Share committee and a board member of the New England Franchise Association.
Evan received an MBA from Boston College and a BA from Colorado College.
Evan resides in Reading, Massachusetts with his wife, Laura, and has three children.
Apr 23, 2018
- Received MBA from Boston College in finance in general management
- Launch first franchise concept – a video rental store
- Grow family business from 3 million to 25 million in four years
- Joined CCA Global Partners as 5 it’s employee
Apr 23, 2018
- Founder of two new franchise concepts both successfully operating today
- Acquire Design Supply Guild and converted it to International Design Guild group from its original 17 locations to over 100 locations in five years
- Acting CEO of StarNet a cooperative a commercial floor covering stores, in deep trouble due to exodus of entire senior management team grew from 70 locations 130 location in two years
- Launch CCA Global Partners University, grew department over 24 training professionals
- Assisted Mohawk Industries in the development of their elite dealer program
Apr 23, 2018
- Oversaw the acquisition of Flooring America out of bankruptcy and manage turnaround, turn it around in four years from 700 million systemwide sales to over 2 billion
- Help launch the Lenders One cooperative, which grew to having over 160 members over $65 billion worth of mortgage origination
- Oversaw the development of The Biking Solution
- Oversaw the management of the conversion of the Tuxedo of America group and converted it into Savvi formalwear
- Took over the management of CCA Global Partners largest division Carpet One, increase growth rate at 2x the industry
- Started Flooring One in the UK
- Launch BizUnite/Saving4Members Buying Group
Apr 23, 2018
- Left CCA Global Partners, after helping the company grow at an amazing 29% growth rate for 20 years and achieving systemwide sales of over $10 billion.
- Left CCA Global Partners managing $5 billion sales and 70% of the company’s profit
- Earned CFE - Certified Franchise Executive Status
- Started Ingage Consulting – Have worked with more than 50 different franchise organizations
- Launch the Franchise Operations Summit
- Started angel investing – Invested in 14 companies since
- Selected as Keynote Speaker at the National Cooperative Business Association
Apr 23, 2018
- Acquired with Cornell Riley Total Training, franchising’s largest training company, grow by 4x in four years
- Published Ingaging Leadership
- Co-Founded Delta Payment Solutions
- Co-Founded Empowering Internet Seller Cooperative
- Co-Founded Techfly
Evan Hackel, the creator of the Ingaged Leadership concept and brand, is a thought leader in the fields of leadership and success. For more than two decades, he has helped hundreds of organizations build employee ingagement, increase profitability and achieve success.
Evan is founder and principal of Ingage Consulting, a consulting firm focused on improving the performance of franchises by improving the relationship between franchisees and the franchisor. By creating a culture of partnership and common purpose, Ingage Consulting is able to help franchises dramatically improve their performance.
Before founding Ingage Consulting, Evan worked at CCA Global Partners for twenty years. At CCA, he was responsible for four business divisions with over 2000 units and over $5 billion in sales operating in four countries. He also founded CCA’s departments in marketing, national programs, and training. He led the company's effort to buy and turn around a troubled franchise organization from bankruptcy. In four years he was able to grow the troubled franchise from 250 locations to a very successful company with over 550 locations.
In total, Evan has helped launch and found three franchise businesses during his career. Two of those were at CCA—which are still successfully operating now—and one, which he founded prior to CCA, developed and sold.
Evan received an MBA from Boston College and a BA in Economics from Colorado College. He is a current and former board member of several organizations, cooperatives, and groups to which he lends his expertise.
Evan resides in Reading, Massachusetts with his wife, Laura, and their three children.
Apr 23, 2018
1971 - 2001
Started working at CCA Global Partners
Apr 23, 2018
2001 - 2017
Founded Ingage Consulting
Apr 23, 2018
2017 - 2018
Founded Evan Hackel Franchise Speaker
Awards & Certifications
Start Ingaging Your
In Ingaging Leadership, business leader Evan Hackel lays out the positive philosophy of Ingagement that he has created and used to help hundreds of organizations achieve excellence and organizational success.
"A great read for anyone who wants to improve engagement at every and every level of their organization. The actionable steps are an added bonus."
What clients say after
working with Evan...
"Evan is a passionate speaker with a powerful message based on his years of experience 'in the trenches!' So many speakers just simply 'talk the talk.' Evan has actually 'walked the walk' and can share business best practices that are based real-life examples, not just theory."
Eric Stites, CFE | CEO & Managing Director, FranchiseBusinessREVIEW
"Evan presented his keynote at our franchise conference in 2017 and did a fantastic job. He really captured the room with his inspiring and engaging presentation. Many of the franchise owners commented that his topic 'Seeking Excellence: The Never Ending Journey' had that wow! factor that really inspired them. A highlight of our event was the engaging way he gets people to share best practices through his innovative and effective round table exercises. If you are looking for a speaker who will capture a room and provide an outstanding experience then Evan is one to turn to."
Scott Hoots | VP of Franchise, American Family Care
"I’ve heard Evan multiple times. I’ve never seen a speaker who is as interactive and thought-provoking as Evan. I highly recommend Evan if you’re looking for speaker that will get your franchisees involved in really bring home a point."
Ralph Thiergart | VP & General Manager, Choice Hotels International
"Evan has a tremendous sense of engagement with his audience and does a terrific job of getting everyone involved in his session! It's an understatement when I say he really knows how to get everyone thinking and participating in his group activities and they can be very inspiring. I highly recommend Evan for team building, motivational and inspirational interactivity for your franchise system to come together as a team to focus on your organization's culture, corporate goals, and core values."
Ralph Yarusso, CFE | Chief Development Officer, Grease Monkey
"I have had the pleasure to hear Evan speak and I have found his style to be direct, actionable and motivating. If you are looking for a speaker with franchise expertise that motivates action and drives change, he is your guy."
Chuck Wilson | VP of Operations, Health Mart Pharmacy
"Bringing Evan in for his 'Better Together' presentation was one one of the smartest investments we have made as a company and was a true turning point in our franchise business. Evans passion for what he does is obvious and helps create an instant connection with everyone in the room. After hearing Evan, our franchise system adopted a new mindset which has become part of our culture, and a foundation the team still relies on years later as we continue to grow."
Jackson Loychuk | CEO, 30 Minute Hit
"Our organization booked Evan as the keynote speaker for our annual Purchasing Cooperatives Conference. Evan delighted the audience of executive leaders with a mix of big ideas, actionable solutions, humor, audience participation and some good ol' fashioned tugging at the heartstrings. I've known Evan to be as dedicated and as prepared as they come, unafraid to tackle a topic or viewpoint that others might shy away from while staying on-message, with a knack for being on the leading edge of what's trending. Already a successful businessman and consultant, Evan should also be on your short list of speakers for your next conference."
Judy Ziewacz | President & CEO, National Cooperative Business Association
"Evan's unique style of gaining enthusiastic participation of every person in the group encouraged thinking outside the box to implement solutions. It was high energy, fast paced, and fun. He is a real pro in this field.
We are delighted to recommend Evan Hackel as an articulate speaker who can deliver valuable guidance and analysis in an inspiring and entertaining manner.
We look forward to his next program! Hire him, now!"
William A. Buckley | President, Coffee News USA
"Evan Hackel is a dynamic and engaging speaker. We've had Evan speak at our Aligned Conference which includes some of the biggest brands in the world. His ability to connect and engage with an audience is second to none. I highly recommend Evan to speak at your next event."